Saturday, February 27, 2010

Timbro e tatuaggio.

My tattoo is about to become famous.
Above is my newest acquisition, un timbro (stamp), a branding iron for my logo that I will use on the leather for my bags. I had it custom made from a shop in Firenze that dates back to 1890. This man has some of the most amazing tools and gadgets and it is heaven for anyone with a fascination for typography.
Coincidentally, my wrist made it into a book that was just published on typographic tattoos. The design is an 'A' that I found in an 1800's manuscript and altered slightly.
I am writing to you from Paris, where I am visiting a friend and getting inspired to start on new designs for my bags. I am writing from her balcony overlooking Avenue de la Bourdonnais. It is a bright sunny day in Paris and it is just what I needed to get the creative juices flowing. I will be back in Firenze shortly and will fill you in on my new and exciting projects then.

A bientot!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Beautiful picture!! Jealous of that. I'm excited about the book with your tatoo - congrats! Keep on updating the blog!