Wednesday, March 25, 2009

La primavera e' in arrivo.

The flowers are blooming on the trees outside of my window which means spring is almost here. This is the daily view from my "banco". It would not be accurate to say spring "has arrived," because here, not unlike home, the temperature will be 18 degrees one day and drop to 5 degrees the next. Celsius, that's right, it's official. I will no longer be doing the conversions but here's a hint: www.worldwidemetric.com/metcal.htm.

So you know what that means... spring snowboarding at my new home mountain, Abetone.
Beautiful bluebird skies in the Appenines.
Burton Italia set up shop to demo 2010 gear, so I gave the G Twin 150 with Scribe bindings a test ride. And by test ride, I mean I picked up the board at 11AM and returned it at 4PM. When I returned, I asked them if I could keep it for just a bit longer, and then realized that they had already packed everything up and mine was the last to go into the truck. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have never picked up so much speed in my entire life. It was like riding on a feather. I love my Neversummer but had no idea what a stiff setup I was riding, until now.
That's me - sunbathing on the lift.
I am going to enjoy at least one more weekend at Abetone before spring "officially" arrives. I bought a (very used) mountainbike last week, so I am sure I will have some post-snowboarding adventures to share with you if my bike does not get stolen before I get to ride it. 

No comments: